Daytoon Inc.’s Time to Shine Scholarship & Intern Program for Women debuts September 2019!
If you are a female high school junior planning to attend a Community College with a high GPA, who is looking for career experience in today’s fast-paced and changing environment, please take time to apply to Daytoon Inc.’s Time to Shine Scholarship & Intern Program for Women.
This scholarship aims to assist high school female students – specifically targeting women who provide financial support for their families by giving them a hand up to improve their education, skills, and employment prospects. Time to Shine Scholarships are also awarded to female recipients who have overcome extraordinary obstacles, including poverty, domestic violence, and even drug abuse.
Award money can be used to offset any costs associated with efforts to attain a higher education, or professional skills training, such as tuition, fees, books, supplies, childcare, and transportation.
All winners are required to work for one summer internship. Presently internships are in Greensboro, North Carolina or Baltimore, Maryland.
All Time to Shine Scholarship applicants must meet the following considerations:
- Be a U.S. citizen and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico. (Dual U.S. citizenship welcome.)
- Be a high school senior (fall 2019) preparing to graduate, or a recent high school graduate.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at a two-year community college based in the U.S. for the entire 2019-20 academic year. Proprietary and online schools are not eligible. Please note that we wholeheartedly support skills training offered at local community colleges.
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, impeccable integrity, self-motivation, and a commitment to serving the interests of your community.
- Documentation of your attendance or enrollment at an accredited undergraduate institution may be required.
Provide a copy of your Honorable Discharge from Armed Forces (DD-214) or military ID, if you are a dependent.
Time to Shine Scholarship and Intern Program for Women are Daytoon, Inc.’s employees and their relatives, members of Daytoon, Inc.’s Selection Committee and their relatives, and any of Daytoon, Inc.’s affiliates and subcontractors and their relatives.Download the Application